Cantonese Opera Quintessence (24 Nov）
Romance and sacrifice, scholars and warriors,
heroes and villains... Be mesmerized by captivating stories in Cantonese Opera Quintessence.
Programme for 24 Nov 2017 (Fri)
• Zhou Yu and His Wife (艳曲醉周郎) – Xiao Qiao sings and dances for her husband, General Zhou Yu of the Wu Kingdom.
• Hua Mulan (征衣换云裳) – Mulan swaps her dress for a soldier’s uniform as she takes her father’s place to join the army.
• Testing an Ingrate (焚香记之情探) – The ghost of Jiao Guiying returns to test her husband who divorced her to marry a princess.
• Zhang Fei vs Ma Chao (夜战马超) – A powerful duet based on an episode from the classic, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, where Zhang Fei engages Ma Chao in a duel.
• Tragedy in the Liao Palace (凄凉辽宫月之铸冤) – The King of Liao is tricked into believing that his wife is unfaithful and imprisons her.
• Look Who’s On Stage (通台老倌) – A performer plays multiple characters on stage but “he” is really a male impersonator.
• Zhang Yuqiao (万世流芳张玉乔之逼反) – The virtuous concubine of a general sacrifices herself to persuade him to fight for a good cause.
(The presenter/organizer reserves the right to change the programme without prior notice.)
[To purchase Category E at a discount for students, please enter discount code "STU".]
7:00 PM - 10:50 PM SGT
- Gateway Theatre
Category E SOLD OUT $20.00 Category D SOLD OUT $30.00 Category C SOLD OUT $40.00
- Venue Address
- 3615 Jalan Bukit Merah, Singapore 159461 Singapore
Approximately 10 minutes' walk from Redhill MRT Station. Buses stopping at the Theatre: 14, 147, 196, 197, 855, 961.